- Product Dimensions: 11.6 x 38.8 x 26 inches ; 19.5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 40 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B004MF9HIA
- Item model number: 40E210U
- Batteries: 2 AAA batteries required. (included)
List Price :
Price : $428.00
You Save : $271.99 (39%)
From the Manufacturer
Think you require to break your spending budget to enjoy blockbuster HD entertainment? Not with Toshiba’s LCD HDTV series. Featuring all-new design, this 40" class value-packed television looks superb and works nicely in a living room, kitchen or bedroom. Watch your preferred films and programming in 1080p complete HD. Show your latest vacation videos and pics with a high-res Computer connection. And do it all with the assurance of well-known Toshiba good quality and reliability. Want more memorable entertainment for your money? Our 40" E210U series delivers.
Feel you need to have to break your budget to enjoy blockbuster HD entertainment? Not with Toshiba’s LCD HDTV series. Featuring all-new style, this 40" class value-packed television looks good and operates nicely in a living room, kitchen or bedroom. Watch your favorite films and programming in 1080p complete HD. Show your most up-to-date vacation videos and pics with a high-res Computer connection. And do it all with the assurance of well-known Toshiba excellent and reliability. Want a lot more memorable entertainment for your dollars? Our 40" E210U series delivers.
See all Item Description
I purchased this Toshiba to replace the 32" TCL LCD in my bedroom - gave the TCL to my son. Just got this Tv yesterday and I wanted to give my first impressions and address some of the concerns listed in other critiques, both here and on other internet sites. The 3 most important criticisms of this Television had been:
1. Only two HDMI ports - I only needed a single or two ports anyway, so this did not bother me. If you are getting this as your primary unit, you require to weigh this considerably. There are techniques around it, such as a receiver with HDMI-in ports or an HDMI switch, but unless you own these already, it's funds you could spend on a larger Tv.
2. Sound - OK, the sound on this is not awesome, but it is not as poor as some people are generating it out to be. I would say it is about average for TV's of this size and level (I install TV's in clients' conference rooms from time to time). I was truly expecting it to be poor after some of the reviews, so when it quite much sounded on par with my 32" TCL, it type of created me laugh. I was also able to modify the Dolby settings (Compressed or Regular - you have to choose what you like better) to strengthen the sound. What critics likely dislike is the lack of bass. There is quite substantially no bass, but I feel the exact same way about every other Television of this size I have heard. It does not have RCA or analog out, so you can't install computer system speakers, like some reviewers have complained about. It does have an optical out, which is superior given that it is feature-forward. I have a Panasonic soundbar currently, so I plugged the Tv optical out into my soundbar and every thing sounded wonderful. I would by no means spend the dollars on a Tv of this size and use the built-in speakers. At the particularly least, go with a sound bar. Panasonic tends to make a rather really good a single and Vizio has 1 for under $100 on Amazon. My Panasonic is perfect for the bedroom - shows and movies are immersive and the voices are crystal clear. If you want a good sound method with complete bass and do not want to run wires or get a receiver, get the Panasonic soundbar with the subwoofer. If you just want to drastically enhance the sound of the Tv, you can decide to purchase the soundbar with no subwoofer. It will do nicely (I do not have the subwoofer).
3. Weak HD tuner - I have no thought what the crucial reviewers are talking about. This Television picked up every single QAM channel, which includes unencrypted digital, that my cable organization provides. What this means is that I hooked the Television straight to my cable line and it picked up all of the local digital HD stations, the music stations, and cable analog stations. It performed as nicely as my other TV's with no predicament. I then hooked up my indoor HD antenna and it picked up 38 stations, such as every single Milwaukee HD channel and some from Chicago. I live nearly 50 miles from Milwaukee and 70 miles from Chicago. It worked as well or much better than my other TV's. To put this in context, if I appear up on the web what channels I am supposed to obtain for my location, it lists 25 stations. I get 38. The Tv also has a nice feature that shows how powerful the signal is when you pull up a channel.
All in all, the Toshiba is a superb Tv for the cash, specially at $399.98. The picture top quality is excellent and the screen has a good matte finish, so there are no reflections. It is a 60Hz Tv, so there will probably be some artifacting through Bluray movie action sequences, but that is to be expected.
It was simple and easy to set up and does everything I ask from a Television of this class.
Good picture and fantastic value for the dollars but the sound quality is unbearably poor. There is no analog out for sound but there is a digital out. Although about adding speakers but decided to return and decide to purchase LG for $50 significantly more.
By : Toshiba